This is a one-day course designed to teach you how to use an every-day-carry (EDC) blade/knife as an effective tool, not just a box cutter. The curriculum has been developed through years of study, training, testing, and teaching private and public weekly training groups in this subject. We have taken the key aspects of some of the most respected blade systems in the world, including Filipino Kali and Israeli defensive knife tactics, and brought them together in a unique training methodology.
Some of the things you will learn in this course include:
- Knife design for personal protection - both folders and fixed
- Safety concerns and tools for training
- The unique threat of edged weapons
- Targeting templates for efficient movement
- Effectively carrying a knife
- Deployment tactics
- Offensive and defensive concepts
- Surviving a knife attack
- Legal issues related to carrying and using an edged weapon
We will provide training blades (shape of a knife without a sharp edge or point) for the class for all students. We will have numerous examples of knives for you to see and put hands on. If you have your own trainer, you are welcome to bring it.
The most important thing you need to bring is an open mind to learn. A notebook and pen would be a great help to take notes on the information. We will be engaging in training drills, so recognize that this is a physical class! Wear comfortable clothing.